Friday, July 8, 2011

Blog Calendar

Dear Followers,

First off, thank you so much for "following" my tiny blog.  I never thought I'd actually have anyone besides my husband actually read my blog.  The fact that you all do read it and care about what I have to say is rather humbling.

I was thinking the other day about the calendar I've put at the bottom of my blog.  On it, I've added the birthdays of the dead babies of some real-life friends (and my BLM pen-pal...hi Susan!).  I've done this as a way of honoring the special days in these other womens' lives because I know that in the "real" world, these days can sometimes be overlooked and/or forgotten.  And I never want to forget these children who were so loved and wanted.

So, to all my followers (yep, all 6 of you)...if you want, I would love to add your children to the calendar.  Just comment here with your baby's name (first and middle), their birthday (please include the year too), and your first name (and your partner's if you'd like).  I'll add them to the calendar and on their birthdays, I will make sure to remember them with you.

-Mandy

1 comment:

Kate said...

What a sweet idea :)

Andrew Walter ("Drew"), June 30, 2010. I'm Kate, his mom. Thank you for being one of my few followers at spendtimeinmyshoes.blogspot.com