Thursday, June 9, 2011

10 Months

Dear Brianna,

Ten months.  Today you would be ten months old.  I don't know what to say about it.  I feel like I'm just repeating myself every month.  I wish you were here.  I wish you hadn't died.  I'm sorry I couldn't keep you safe.  I love you more than ever.

Now that it's getting hot outside, more and more memories of last year are flooding in.  Driving to work, pregnant with you, stopping at McDonald's for a sausage McMuffin for breakfast and orange juice.  Keeping you a secret from my coworkers until I thought it was "safe".  Making sure to have tons of snacks at my desk to keep the nausea at bay.  All these memories make me smile, and at the same time, make me want to cry because I miss you so much.

Bree, I will always treasure the memories of you.  I will always miss you and love you.

Happy Birthday, baby girl.

Love always,
Mommy

1 comment:

Brooke said...

I am just now at that point where I am reliving where I was a year ago--pregnant. I am teaching the same class I was teaching a year ago, going to the same places, wearing many of the same clothes. Not pregnant. No baby. It's like a deja vu only with food poisoning. That metaphor doesn't really make sense but you probably get it.