Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Sick Day

For the last 10 days or so, I've been battling a nasty head cold.  Over the last couple of days, I developed a cough that has messed with my vocal chords, giving me a much deeper and huskier voice.  The coughing got so bad that I decided to take today off of work and actually go to the doctor.  Turns out that I have the beginning of a sinus infection, so I am now on strong antibiotics for the next 10 days.  Tim also hasn't been feeling well, so he took a sick day today too.  We've spent most of the day together, watching movies and cuddling with the cats.


And even though I'm sick and all, today has actually been a good day.  I still miss Brianna tremendously and the thought of her can still bring me to tears.  But, I'm learning to take the good with the bad.  I'm learning that it's ok to have good days, to laugh again, to enjoy myself.  Being sad won't bring Brianna back and being happy won't make me forget about her either.  Slowly, I'm learning how to navigate through my "new" normal and balance all the emotions.  Don't get me wrong, I'll surely have many setbacks on this journey.  But, at least I'm finally to a point where I realize that I have to move forward in order to keep living.  I owe that much to not only myself, but to Tim and Brianna too.

No comments: