Saturday, April 9, 2011

8 Months

Dear Brianna,

Spring has come to this part of the world again.  The daffodils and forsythias are blooming in abundance, the early trees are blossoming, and it's the Cherry Tree Festival in Washington D.C. this weekend.  This has always been my favorite season of the year, when new life springs from the ground.  I've always loved the cool mornings that grow into balmy afternoons.  I've enjoyed the smell  outside just after a spring rain.


But this year, baby girl, my joy of the spring season is clouded just a bit.  You should be here, enjoying your first spring.  I should be taking you on walks around the neighborhood in the warm evenings.  I should be posing you with all the spring flowers and taking lots of photos to post on FaceBook, just like my friends are starting to do with their kids.  But, I'm not.  Instead, I'll visit your grave today and leave you daffodils and tullips, as my way of sharing this spring with you.  I wonder, does Heaven have spring?  Do you get to enjoy the flowers and spring rain like I do?  I hope so.


Happy 8-month birthday baby.  I love you and always will.


Love,
Mommy  

No comments: